We handle personal information, including determining the purposes and means of processing personal data. This Policy explains how we handle the personal information we hold, including how we collect, use and disclose personal information. ‘Personal information’ is data that relates to you and that identifies you or from which you can reasonably be identified. This may include your name and contact information, as well as some digital identifiers relating to you (we explain more about what these are below under the heading ‘Cookies’).
We respect your privacy and take steps to safeguard the personal information that we handle. We are committed to complying with all applicable privacy laws and to being open and transparent about our information handling practices.
Who we are and how to contact us
“We” or “us” means Discovery Holiday Parks Pty Ltd ACN 111 782 846, Level 7, 60 Light Square, Adelaide SA 5000.
To contact us please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on (08) 8219 3000 (our lines are open Monday to Friday 9:30am – 5:30 pm AEST, excluding public holidays).
The information we collect (and why)
Booking and guest registration
We collect information both in person at our Parks or via internet booking engines (including www.booking.com) and online travel agents, to allow you to make a reservation at one of our Parks. The information we collect to do this includes your name, address and contact details, along with details of your stay with us (arrival and departure time, and number of other guests). We may also collect information about your vehicles including registration number and the make, model and dimensions of any caravans or trailers that are the subject of your reservation. The only transactional information we collect at booking is confirmation of payment or balance owing.
G’DAY Rewards Membership Program
In order to access details of your G’DAY Rewards membership (including to confirm your eligibility for Membership Savings), or to sign you up for G’DAY Rewards on request, we collect information either from you via our www.gdayrewards.com.au website; a G’DAY Rewards membership application form; or an internet booking engine. The information we collect to administer the G’DAY Rewards Membership Program includes your name, contact details, birth date, and G’DAY Rewards membership number (if already a member). We also collect your credit card details when you sign up, and transfer these details securely to a payment services provider, but we do not retain this transactional data.
We collect the name and contact details of both the purchaser and recipient of our gift vouchers in order to send the gift voucher to the recipient and confirm the purchase. We also collect the credit card details of the purchaser, and transfer these details securely to a payment services provider, but we do not retain this transactional data.
Other personal information
Other types of personal information we collect may include, but are not limited to:
- details of entrants in competitions run by us (including in collaboration with our Business Partners);
- name and contact details of subscribers to our mailing lists;
- name and contact details of individuals who request a copy of the Discovery Parks Park Guide;
- application information related to applicants for employment with us;
- identity information and contact information for guests at our Parks who hire equipment (such as bikes or pedal buggies);
- information about guests who have pets stay at the Park;
- information contained within post stay surveys completed by Park visitors;
- information about when a Member uses their Membership Card to receive benefits or verify Membership status.
We may also collect your personal information for other purposes which may be explained at the time of collection. In some cases, if you do not provide us with personal information we may not be able to provide the services you have requested.
Cookies and other technologies
We collect information relating to your web activity when you access and browse our Websites. In particular, we may collect information using cookies, and similar technologies, designed to provide information to help us improve the use of our Websites and to better tailor the content we provide.
A cookie is a text file containing small amounts of information which is downloaded to your device when you access a website. This information may include your IP address, information and actions taken on the site including details about when you accessed the site. The text file is then sent back to our server each time your browser requests a page from the server. Information generated by the cookie about the use of our website may be transferred to, and stored by, a web analytics service, which may be based overseas, that we use to help use improve our online services. This enables us to provide a better website visitor experience by loading the site so that it reflects your personal preferences as previously indicated last time you browsed. Some cookies also help with ensuring the functionality of the site.
Additionally, emails we send to you use technology that allows us to understand the time and date that an email was opened and whether any links within the email were clicked. Compiling this information allows us to conduct statistical analysis to better understand how effective our electronic marketing campaigns are and customise our advertising services based on the results. You can disable some of this technology by turning images ‘off’ in your email client (i.e. Outlook) and you can opt-out of receiving emails from us sending us an email at email@example.com.
The types of cookies we use are set out below. You can configure your web browser to reject and delete cookies but this may limit the functionality of Website so that it does not operate properly.
Analytical and Performance Cookies
Targeting cookies are often linked to services provided by third parties on our Websites. Third party service providers may use their own cookies to collect information about your activities on our Websites. They work by identifying your device and browser to recognise your visit to the Websites. Not enabling these cookies will disable the services provided by third parties on our Websites, such as tools to share or access content from social media sites or options to watch videos by third party video providers.
We may use functional cookies that record the choices you have made on our Websites so that we can continue to provide you with information you are interested in during that visit and any subsequent visits. This allows us to provide content that is tailored and relevant, and to improve the Website experience for our Website users.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
We collect cookies that are necessary for our Websites to operate and load properly. You can set your web browser to block these cookies but without these cookies you may not be able to move around the Website and use its features.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information in a variety of ways, including (but not limited to):
- directly from individuals such as when you enrol in the G’DAY Rewards program via the application form on the Website or when you complete a guest registration form at one of our Parks;
- through our social media pages and from social media sites when you like our posts or page;
- from Participants in the G’DAY Rewards Program;
- from third parties that provide us with marketing; market research; and marketing and web analytics services;
- from third parties such as Business Partners or Participants that run competitions or promotions in connection with G’DAY Rewards, Discovery or any of the Discovery brands;
- from a booking agent where you have requested to join the G’DAY Rewards Membership Program in the course of making a booking through them with one of the G’DAY Rewards Participants;
- where you send us an email or ‘contact us’ message or make a written enquiry with us; and
- when you call us to make enquiries.
Storage and security of personal information
We take the security of the personal information we hold seriously and handle personal information sensitively and in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
We take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, interference and loss; and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. These steps include using electronic and physical security measures, including:
- storing personal information on secure networks consistent with industry standards;
- using encryption techniques when transferring information to other servers;
- restricting access to personal information to employees, contractors and agents who need to know the information to process it for us; and
- authenticating Members before providing access to personal information about G’DAY Rewards Membership Program accounts.
How long do we keep your personal information?
If we no longer need the personal information we hold about you, we take steps to delete, destroy or de-identify that information. All information is stored in accordance with a data retention policy that sets out how long we keep different types of information, depending on what the information is and the purpose for which it was collected. For example, we need to keep information about your reservation in order to provide you with accommodation at one of our Parks. We also retain information about your G’DAY Rewards membership in order to provide you with Membership Savings. It may also be necessary for us to retain personal information to comply with our legal obligations; or for insurance or audit purposes.
How we use personal information and for what purposes
To provide you with our services
We use personal information in order to provide services to you. As part of providing services to you we may use your personal information to:
- make a reservation for you at one of our Parks;
- respond to your enquiries;
- allow you to hire equipment at one of our Parks;
- subscribe you to our G’DAY Rewards magazine (at your request);
- send you a Discovery Parks Park Guide (at your request);
- submit your entry into one of our competitions;
- facilitate your application for Membership to our G’DAY Rewards Program;
- confirm your payment for services;
- provide you with a gift voucher or process your request for a gift voucher for someone else;
- ensure your security at one of our Parks (i.e. by using of clearly labelled CCTV cameras).
We also use personal information to market and promote our products and services, including to:
- contact you about special offers or promotions we think may be of interest to you (where we have a legal basis to process your information in this way); and
- conduct marketing and web tracking analysis.
Sharing on social media
If you click on a link to a social media site or post from our Websites, or click on a link to one of our Websites from our social media pages, we may share your personal information (including user name, profile picture, likes and posts) with the social media service provider, other users and your friends or followers. If you do not want your personal information shared in this way, you can choose not to connect via your social media profile with our Websites, or configure your web browser to block cookies(which may affect the functionality of some features on the Website).
To meet our legal obligations
We may also use personal information for the purpose of:
- complying with any applicable laws (for example any obligations we may have under legislation);
- to fulfil our obligations under contracts with you or third parties;
- where necessary to protect our rights or the rights of others, including for fraud or risk management purposes;
- to comply with requests from government authorities.
We may use your personal information for other reasons which we will explain when we collect it, or for reasons that you have consented to us using the information. We will only use your personal information in accordance with applicable privacy and data protection laws.
Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose personal information in a number of ways, including to.
- contractors, suppliers or agents we have engaged to provide goods or services to us (for example marketing agencies, distributors or marketing analytics service providers);
- Participants in the G’DAY Rewards Membership Program;
- our Business Partners where we have collected your information in relation to a jointly offered promotion, product or service;
- hiring companies when you hire equipment belonging to the hire company (i.e. bikes) at one of our Parks;
- payment service providers when you make a payment in person at a Park or via our Websites.
We may also disclose personal information in order to comply with legal obligations or where necessary to protect our rights or the rights of others, including for fraud or risk management purposes.
We may partner with third parties to conduct joint promotions or competitions or offer joint products and services. If you provide us with personal information in relation to the promotion, competition, product or service we are jointly providing with a Business Partner we may share your information with that Business Partner. We will inform you that we do this at the time we collect your personal information and you will be given a choice about whether or not this occurs.
The third parties we disclose information to may be based in Australia or overseas. The third party services we use include, but are not limited to, Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics: Managed Services. We take steps to ensure that these third parties protect your personal information and use it only for the purpose that we disclosed it to them.
Links to external websites or services
How to unsubscribe , ‘opt-out’ or withdraw consent
You may unsubscribe or opt-out of receiving communication from us by:
- Clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any electronic messages you receive from us;
Please note that if you opt-out or unsubscribe from our G’DAY Rewards Program we may not be able to provide you with G’DAY Reward Membership Program Services, including posting your G’DAY Rewards Membership Card.
Sometimes, in order to handle your personal information, we may seek your consent, including to collect your data. You can request to withdraw this consent at any time by contacting us via our Contact Details.
How you can access the personal information we hold about you
You can request access to the personal information we hold about you by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may need to verify your identity to provide access.
How to update, correct or delete your personal information
You can request to update or correct personal information we hold about you which you believe is inaccurate or out of date. You can also ask that we delete some or all of your personal information in certain circumstances (e.g. where the data is no longer necessary to provide you with services). In order to make any requests relating to your personal information please email us at email@example.com.
How to make a privacy complaint
If you have any concerns about our information handling practices you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can try and resolve the issue quickly and directly.
If we are unable to resolve your privacy complaint, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at:
GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW, 2001, www.oaic.gov.au (telephone 1300 363 992).
You can contact us by:
- Sending an email to email@example.com;
- Calling us on (08) 8219 3000 between 9:30am and 5:30pm AEST Monday-Friday (excluding public holidays;
- Writing to us at: Level 7, 60 Light Square, Adelaide SA 5000
“Business Partners” means a third party that we collaborate with to offer joint promotions, products or services;
“Discovery” means Discovery Holiday Parks Pty Ltd ACN 111 782 842;
“G’DAY Rewards Program” means the membership program run by Discovery Holiday Parks Pty Ltd ACN 111 782 842 and Australian Park Licence Co Pty Limited ACN 622 566 205;
“Member” means a member of the G’DAY Rewards Program;
“Membership” means membership of the G’DAY Rewards Program;
“Membership Card” means the card issued in connection with the Membership for use by the Member;
“Membership Saving” means the discounts offered to Members as described in the Terms and Conditions on the www.gdayrewards.com.au website;
“Participant” means a business where Members can receive Membership Savings or other benefits under the G’DAY Rewards Program;
“Park” means a holiday park owned or managed by Discovery;
“Website” means this website;
“Websites” means www.discoveryholidayparks.com.au; www.discoveryparks.com.au, www.gdayrewards.com.au; and any other websites run by Discovery from time to time (i.e. for short term marketing competitions or promotions);
“We” or “us” means Discovery Holiday Parks Pty Ltd ACN 111 782 846.